Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Love Aaj Kal--an outing

I have always been a fan of Saif Ali Khan--he he was also in the first movie that got me totally hooked on Bollywood--Kal Ho Naa Ho. Then when I also saw him in Dil Chata Hai, Omkara, and Hum Tum!! I was totally hooked on him, and considered him one of the most underrated Bollywood actors. He has great scope and is very versatile. When I began seeing promos for Love Aaj Kal, and knew for sure that the distributor's strike was over--I totally began checking out the local theaters that play Bollywood.
My friend Kitty and I planned out Sunday outing to see this new flick, we weren't going to have dinner out, but planned on hitting an Indian market we had spotted before. What wonderful stuff we found at Desi Market in the Shrewsbury Commons shopping center!! We got spices, snacks, naan and lots of ideas for another visit.
This movie was wonderful! Some reviewers thought that the switching time periods did not work, well, I felt that it did. I kinda wish that the young lady that played Harleen(Giselle Monteiro) had more lines--but hey,she is Brazilian, this was a Hindi film, there might have been a bit of a language barrier!! Though I feel that we shall see more of Giselle in the future--for there is a pocket of Bollywood lovers in Brazil!!
Saif did a great job with the dual role--he was able to capture Rishi Kapoor's mannerisms and when they were together as Rishi told his story, you could almost mistake them for some sort of relatives!!

Take the time to find this movie in the theatre!! It was a great night out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment